Issue: What are jury verdicts and case settlements involving surgical implantation of spinal stimulators or disabling back injuries for plaintiffs in Nassau County, New York, or its surrounding counties?
|Area of Law:||Litigation & Procedure, Personal Injury & Negligence|
|Keywords:||Jury verdicts and case settlements; Surgical implantation of spinal stimulators; Disabling back injuries|
· A female nurse slipped and fell while shopping in the defendant’s supermarket. As a result of the fall, the plaintiff suffered from a herniated lumbar disc. The jury awarded the plaintiff $20,000. John v. Supermarket Gen. Corp., No. (Kings County, N.Y. Sup. Ct. 1986).
· The plaintiff, a 40-year-old male chemist suffered from a herniated disc at L4-5 and a bulging disc at L5-S1 after his vehicle was struck from behind by the defendant’s vehicle. The plaintiff settled for $37,500. Fequiere v. Kline, No. B (Kings County, N.Y. Sup. Ct. Dec. 1991).
· A 26-year-old female office aide was awarded $168,000 after she slipped and fell on a wet floor, herniating a disc in her back. Edouard v. Pratt Towers, Inc., No. 6418/89 (Kings County, N.Y. Sup. Ct. Jan. 1991).
· The defendant settled and agreed to pay $215,000 to a plaintiff who fell down a darkened stairway in the defendant’s building and sustained a herniated disc at L5-S1 with partial degeneration and bulging at L4-5. Tuckett v. Kings Plaza Assoc., No. B (Nassau County, N.Y. Sup. Ct. Sept. 1991). (Source: JV-ALL.)
· The plaintiff, a male, herniated a disc in his back when he slipped and fell on grease and oil which was on the floor of his worksite. The jury awarded the plaintiff $300,000. Finn v. New York Times, No. 21082/88 (New York County, N.Y. Sup. Ct. May 1990).
· The plaintiff, a female in her 20s, sustained a […]